What Do You Like About Cruises

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing to like.

You are guaranteed crowds wherever you go, as the cruisesh!t disgorges thousands of people at every stop.

Nothing to like.

You are guaranteed crowds wherever you go, as the cruisesh!t disgorges thousands of people at every stop.

That does seem to be a common observation about cruising, and I have seen it on Cozumel and Roatan when we were staying there and diving. A couple of posters have offered examples of getting away from all that on secluded parts of the ship or by going on excursions like kayaking that don't necessarily attract the crowds. Maybe that only works on some ships.

Incubators for alien diseases even hollywood hasn't thought of yet and worse still they're full of jostlers

Not for free even if I was rooming with Brad or Leonardo

I like how they are they are arguably the most ecologically destructive things that humanity has ever constructed.

I like the conspicuous consumption that creates enormous amounts of waste. I like the black and grey-water disposal all over the reefs that have been dynamited to create berthing so that boats can disgorge thousands of consumers who buy a bunch of completely useless crap produced overseas, distributed by non-local middlemen, and sold by locals dependent on foreign interests.

I especially like fossil fuels burned by both the ships themselves, but also by the supply-chain that keeps the ships running.

Wait. I think I'm realising...

I don't like anything about the cruise industry.

I hope anyone and everyone who has anything to do with anything about the cruise industry accidentally sets themselves on fire.

Cool. Now do resorts with diving. Enough resorts for 5000 people arriving all at the same time.

Cool thing about cruise ships, they can just simply float away without a trace, when the industry dries up. Resorts are a permanent scar.

To each their own.

My wife and I went on a cruise to the Falkland Islands, South Georgia, and the Antarctic with 134 other guests on the Silversea Explorer for our 40th wedding anniversary in 2019-20, just before the pandemic. It was a once in a lifetime experience that we will never forget. There are few other ways to see this dazzling part of the world.

We would never dream of going on a large cruise ship.

To each their own.

My wife and I went on a cruise to the Falkland Islands, South Georgia, and the Antarctic with 134 other guests on the Silversea Explorer for our 40th wedding anniversary in 2019-20, just before the pandemic. It was a once in a lifetime experience that we will never forget. There are few other ways to see this dazzling part of the world.

We would never dream of going on a large cruise ship.
Great point.... Huge difference between a MAGA cruise ship and a Live-A-Board.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom