Votes: 15 44.1%
  • SWIM

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • AEROBICS

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Biking, hatha yoga and this summer I did a lot of hiking and softball. I eat right, do herbs (good ones LOL), don't drink, don't smoke (or dip)! :)

Oh yeah, I rode horses alot too. That can be a great workout, especially when trying to stay on one that doesn't want you there! :eek:hno:

add biking to the list! Great non-impact cardio work out. Noticed an increase in leg definition, abdomen toning and strength. That seemed to help with less fatigue after diving. Do some light weight (2-5 lbs) for the arms for toning. Need that to carry tanks and gear

got4boyz once bubbled...
Biking, hatha yoga and this summer I did a lot of hiking and softball. I eat right, do herbs (good ones LOL), don't drink, don't smoke (or dip)! :)

What is hatha yoga???
I haven't heard of that.

MissAmberDiva once bubbled...

What is hatha yoga???
I haven't heard of that.

Miss Amber, I love hatha yoga! I have a book and a video I use. My whole body feels great after a yoga session. I don't meditate however, LOL!

I got this definition from the Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine

Hatha yoga
Author: Douglas Dupler

"Hatha yoga is the most widely practiced form of yoga in America. It is the branch of yoga which concentrates on physical health and mental well-being. Hatha yoga uses bodily postures (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), and meditation (dyana) with the goal of bringing about a sound, healthy body and a clear, peaceful mind. There are nearly 200 hatha yoga postures, with hundreds of variations, which work to make the spine supple and to promote circulation in all the organs, glands, and tissues. Hatha yoga postures also stretch and align the body, promoting balance and flexibility.

. . . There are several branches of yoga, each of which is a different path and philosophy toward self-improvement. Some of these paths include service to others, pursuit of wisdom, non-violence, devotion to God, and observance of spiritual rituals. Hatha yoga is the path which has physical health and balance as a primary goal, for its practitioners believe that greater mental and spiritual awareness can be brought about with a healthy and pure body."

If you want more info you can go to this link:
http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/g2603/0000/2603000064/p1/article.jhtml

I would love to get into that since I am studying naturopathy and and herbs. I am not sure if I would be very good at though. I am rather impatient and I like "fast" exercises like running or swimming.

assuming carrying the dive flag does not offer enough resistance, then I try to run 4x/week for 30mins, park in the furthest spot in the parkng lot when I am out running errands ( hey you got to do what you need to when you sit behind a desk all day and type).

If all else fails, I put my wetsuit on and sit on the beach to lose weight.

Carrying gear, rigging a dive station, etc.

My favorite is dredging, dredging is a workout like you won't believe.

Right now, building my trailer, packing and getting ready to move in a couple of days is too much of a workout.

Off to PA in a few days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom