What do you do over the winter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I installed a heated 12,000 gal 20' deep 10' round indoor dive pool in my front yard....:)

Jim...

12,000 gallons would not all fit in your pool :D

12,000 Gallons is a guess... It was a 15,000 gallon fiberglass storage tank that I stood up on end.. Filled it with a friends water truck ... No meter... The math works out to 11,800 gallons.. :)

Jim...

Last edited:
I tried to post some photo's of the tank... But, This new site sucks... I can't load them...

Jim...

photo.php
photo.php
try again..

Jim...

3 trips every winter to the tropics.

I don't see any point to diving in a pool.once one is certified.

Ice Diving! If you are drysuit certified then you dive all year round. It is also a good time for pool practice.

12,000 Gallons is a guess... It was a 15,000 gallon fiberglass storage tank that I stood up on end.. Filled it with a friends water truck ... No meter... The math works out to 11,800 gallons.. :)

Jim...

I was just trying to see if I could get you to do some math on this crazy day...good work sir.

Sometimes we'll take a break between our surface interval to look at the snow.
Haggertys3_zps2dc3691e.jpg

It was a bitter 72° that day so I left my bunny suit on while I defrosted.
Haggertys2_zpsafc43adc.jpg

I like math...

Read diving material/refresher, ski and take one nice trip south of the border/equator for a week or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom