What do you carry your lead in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bamabowtie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
What do you guys use to carry or transport your lead in when going diving? I don't want it to be loose in the truck. Do you guys keep your lead in your dive bag with your other gear?

Thanks

Magazines. The rest in ammo cans.

Oh ... You mean that lead. Akona weight bag

I have an old nylon soft-side tackle box. Holds lead with tools in a side pocket.

I found an army surplus canvas mechanics bag at a surplus store in Billings. Its the same size as the Akona bag. Made of heavy canvas, the thing is bullet proof - $12.00 at that.

Akona weight bag, just what I was looking for. Thanks guys!

I picked up a set of small but sturdy bags with zippers and hand straps at Home Depot for less than $10 put my 5's in one etc. when diving I put the correct amount for conditions in one bag. They have lasted several years without any problems, found them on the aisle with tool bags nail aprons etc. different colors in the set makes it easy to sort weights.

When I need to carry a few extra weights, I use an old Igloo Little Playmate lunchbox cooler. I can toss in a mixture of hard and soft lead and don't need to worry about the lead sludge from the soft weights fouling my car's interior. The mesh bags I've used have all ripped out possibly because they were cheap and/or I exceeded the capacity.

photo.JPG

The Akona weight bags are very well made. Another option is horse feed bags from your local tack store. The mesh ones allow the weight to dry in the bag.

-Bryan

Attachments

• Feed Bag.jpg
    Feed Bag.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 183
I have two zeagle yellow weight bags that hold what I use normally plus a few extra pounds.
if I out for a whole week or so I use a sode crate with about 80 lbs in it..all soft weight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom