What do you all think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My brother is the one responsible for getting me into diving. I have amassed quite the collection of gear and enjoy working on all of it. Anyway, he dives a Titan reg set right now. I have a soft spot for the Scubapro 109’s and have a few. With the duropoppet kit from VDH the regs breath so well. I built one for my Dad and he raves about it. Anyway, I wanted to do something a little custom for my brother so I decided to Cerakote a few parts and see what it looks like. This is my brothers Christmas present below. Besides the Cerakote, it received the Duro kit, new exhaust t, new silicone diaphragm, new mouthpiece, new exhaust valve, and a new swivel. View attachment 631533 View attachment 631534 View attachment 631535 View attachment 631536 Also, not pictured is a MK10 first stage that’s in the ultrasonic cleaner right now.

BigRed96: I'm your long-lost brother who lives in Maine. Thank you for your generous Scubapro 109 second stage gift! :)
Great job on the rebuild!

I suspect the Scubapro 109s are like the Scubapro G-250s that I run: they just plain work.
I still run my Scubapro MK-2 first stage. Even when I ice dove as a Public Safety Diver. It never froze up on me. It just plain works...

BigRed96: I'm your long-lost brother who lives in Maine. Thank you for your generous Scubapro 109 second stage gift! :)
Great job on the rebuild!

I suspect the Scubapro 109s are like the Scubapro G-250s that I run: they just plain work.
I still run my Scubapro MK-2 first stage. Even when I ice dove as a Public Safety Diver. It never froze up on me. It just plain works...
Hahahaha, Thanks for the kind words! I have a. G-250 and as James said they’re pretty much the same except the G-250 is plastic. Both breath wonderfully.

Yes Sir, I have the bullet too.
OK, talked me into it [not hard] ,the Mk10 is due for a service.
20201228_152953.jpg

Thanks, needed some inspiration.
Now for the 109 rebuild.

The gauge in the photo is a 'Tempress" made in Denmark [in bar], had it for years ,acquired it last century sometime.
For me, this what I want:
Mk10 starts about 8.6 bar [125 psi] and after cycling , then sit for awhile, cycle again ad nauseam, settles at around 9 bar [130psi most times just a little under], depends on the seat or shims [if required].
Is that what others find?

The gauge in the photo is a 'Tempress" made in Denmark [in bar], had it for years ,acquired it last century sometime.
For me, this what I want:
Mk10 starts about 8.6 bar [125 psi] and after cycling , then sit for awhile, cycle again ad nauseam, settles at around 9 bar [130psi most times just a little under], depends on the seat or shims [if required].
Is that what others find?

so do you have a mag gauge? Not required by the way but...

Back
Top Bottom