What do most Scuba divers do for a living?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a cardiac surgeon and part time hospital administrator. I live in the middle of a desert but I still find time to dive.

Most of my adult life I worked for Hewlett-Packard (which became Agilent Technologies) as a Service Engineer, Materials Engineer, Manufacturing Supervisor, software QA engineer, and Marketing Product Manager. Then I moved from NJ to Israel and now I work as a Project Manager and technical customer support for a medical electronics company. I have always worked too many hours, so it takes discipline to make sure that I leave time for whats actually important!

law enforcement

Drug dealer .......

Work for a biopharmaceutical company

Construction Project Director is what it says on my cards, currently working on a Hyatt hotel.

Mostly building hotels and leisure developments is what I do, but for a while I helped build a city in Libya from scratch.

The city was supposed to be a gift for Ghadaffi's tribe, to celebrate 40 years of him being in power.

His tribe is the Bedouin. They're nomadic. You figure it out, I certainly couldn't.

I'm also a qualified Commercial Diver, and once got paid to impersonate the son of a British Financier in China.

I would guess that there in not a significant correlation between career and diving, though one may exist.

I suspect there is a link, although maybe not a strong one. I think there are a higher than average number of white collar professionals in scuba diving (as compared against life in general), particularly doctors and lawyers. Conversely, I also suspect there are more military (and ex-military) amongst the diving community than the world at large.

No facts or figure. Just my best guess.

I am a lawyer, but on my social security card it says "Tank Boy" as that was the first paid job I ever had. Still kind of proud of that.

I am a lawyer, but on my social security card it says "Tank Boy" as that was the first paid job I ever had. Still kind of proud of that.

Priceless... I believe we have a new nickname.

I'm an Artistic Director and manage the local community arts centre. I also have a teaching and graphic design background. I enjoy working with people (most days), and have always been a creative person.

Diving is completly different from my day job, though my new underwater camera is now allowing me to take that creative side diving with me :)

Civil Engineer - working as the Town Engineer in my community (title is Assistant, as there are two of us). Lots of satisfaction in giving my best for my community every day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom