What dive club are you a paid member of?

What club are you a paid member of?

• Scubadillo's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diving Rebel's

• Finz

• Reef Riders

• Texins

• Bay Area Divers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moderator = Ninja:ph34r:
:yelclap: Thank you!

I did not know there was a fee to be a Texas Swamp Diver:confused:

I guess I am not a Texas Swamp Diver after all, the only fee's I've ever paid have been air fills and beer tabs :wink: :D

So who is collecting the dues for the swampers?

There aren't any "monetary" dues. Re-read the original post. :)

I did not know there was a fee to be a Texas Swamp Diver:confused:

I guess I am not a Texas Swamp Diver after all, the only fee's I've ever paid have been air fills and beer tabs :wink: :D

So who is collecting the dues for the swampers?

When looking at polls/threads/etc. , and or responding to them it is always a good idea to read the original poster's intent in said poll or thread.

Here is a quote from post #1

"I will includes TSD and although we are not really a "dues or fees" club we kind of do have a fee if you count banana pudding, brownies, cigars, cheez whiz, hot dogs as the entry fee for diving with us."

Actually, the poll may be messed up now. I'm not sure once you've voted, you can go back and vote again for another one that would have been added later. :confused:

I am a Swamper member....also really enjoy the folks in Houston at CHUMS, not a payed member but would if I lived there.

Debra, why all the interest in 'clubs'....I bet I know. :crafty:

No not what you are thinking... just a few general questions about dive clubs and there intentions for divers. Are they for the active scuba diver, the occassional scuba diver, blue water clubs, social clubs, instructional clubs,etc. ? Europe has always been an active club promoting curcuit for scuba divers.
It brings me back to local clubs, not only just scuba clubs but like when I was in the Corvette Club ( when we owned a 'vette a few years ago) like minded people with the same interests. We ran courses with the club to keep our skills honed, raced in 1/4 mile tracks, to see how fast we could go, and even ran the Texas Motor Speedway for 3 laps one year ( that was cool!).
What do dive clubs do for the scuba diver who pays a membership fee? Do they have skill sessions, classes, trips, etc.? Where does the membership fee go? Are they donating to local environmental charities, sponsoring outings, cleanups, anything associated with gathering new divers and keeping them diving. Are the members active? Just splitting off the thread from the Lake Murray can of worms I opened. :canofworms:

Actually, the poll may be messed up now. I'm not sure once you've voted, you can go back and vote again for another one that would have been added later. :confused:

Oh that's ok Ken, we will live.

No not what you are thinking... just a few general questions about dive clubs and there intentions for divers.

Gotcha ..... the best example of that 'full' benefits dive club in Texas has to probably be the CHUM....I know they dive/socialize/civic stuffs/forum/promote diving and do trips. I have had the pleasure of joining them on occasion and they do a good job of being a dive club.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom