• Spit the company

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • 500 PSI

Votes: 43 16.5%
  • Homemade

Votes: 41 15.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm known to carry a bit of water in my mask and slosh it around when I sense fog in my mask.

Fun revived thread :dork2:

I had to take it out of context, but here is my winner from last years poll.

As one of the early snowboard bums (ex-ski bum) I can tell you about defogging. That's what you do after you get fogged.

For antifog we are lucky in Hawaii; many of the dive sites have a legendary plant with a waxy juice that works really well. So well that my BDB now sometimes has a stash of fresh leaves when we go to a site without naupaka makai.

i always try and put form 500 psi on before hand but if not, spit hasnt failed yet, i usually put it on with the defog, but not had a huge problem with fogging.

Shoot! I was the last one to post on this thread and someone had to revive it. :devil:

Sea Gold here, too !!
It is truly the best and I've tried about 4 different ones..
I hear baby shampoo is a good choice, but never tried it myself. Although, I've heard I did try it if I went on a commercial dive boat since that's whatthey use cause it is cheap and it works!

usually spit, but i did buy an unbranded bottle from an online store just so i could get free shipping on my other purchases

30% baby shampoo and 70% water, mixed together in spray bottle purchased at a dollar store. If I don't reapply between dives I'll just use spit. I've heard, though, that if your mask is fogging up at depth you could just take it off and lick the lenses and it would work the same as spitting in it on the surface

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom