• Spit the company

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • 500 PSI

Votes: 43 16.5%
  • Homemade

Votes: 41 15.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dawn dish detergent, followed by Joy dish detergent, then spit. Much prefer Dawn, though.

Any white tooth paste. It works wonders.

I will use spit, dog tears even cow piss, but one thing that I will never use again is Speedo anti-fog solution! My son and I used it a couple of weeks ago, and from the moment we hit the water until we got back to the boat both our masks were 100% fogged. An the darn thing fogged so quickly that we had to continuously flood our masks so as to see where we were going. Never, not even in training, did we practice cleaning the masks so much as that time!!!!

:banghead: :furious:

I'm flexible, Sea Gold, J&J Baby Shampoo most often, Sea Drops or 500 PSI when offered and I forgot mine, spit when nothing else available. All seem to work pretty well though I don't particularly applying the 500 PSI paste.

Good, clear, diving, Craig

slightly diluted off brand baby shampoo....(or spit)

Dawn dish detergent, followed by Joy dish detergent, then spit. Much prefer Dawn, though.

What happened to me: I had used dish washing detergent and rinsed my mask before jumping in the water. Going in my mask moved and some water got in. It mixed with the remaining detergent inside the mask and burned my eyes. I suffered trough the whole dive and had my eyes red for two days.

Nothing better than no tears baby shampoo.

Baby shampoo

I generally have a spray bottle of baby shampoo/water along to lubricate the seals of my dry suit, so I use it for mask defog too.

Baby shampoo and water work better than any defog Ive used.

Back
Top Bottom