What cubic size to fit two sets of gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vel525

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys,

I'm looking into buying a travel bag. I would like to fit two sets of gear in the bag. Does anyone know about how big of a bag I need to comfortably fit 2 full sets of gear? Thanks in advance.

Victor

What type of BC's are you using and what kind of exposure protection.
Needless to say, if you're diving in two 6.5mm farmer john/jacket wet suits you're going to need a HUGE amount of space.

get the gear - fold it up in a pile .. measure the pile dimentions .. you got your answer

I can see a problem with 2 sets in one bag If you plan on flying with this bag remember the load limit is usually 50 LBS
and they charge you un wanted extra fees per pound .

Mobius1:
I can see a problem with 2 sets in one bag If you plan on flying with this bag remember the load limit is usually 50 LBS
and they charge you un wanted extra fees per pound .

I'm look to get a similar set up so I can carry two sets of gear in one bag.

Do you really think two BC's, masks, fins, snorkles, 3mm suits and a save a dive kit weigh more than 50lbs? I would carry the two regs and the computers with me when flying.

My husband and I each check a wheeled duffle with our gear (other than reg/computer/mask) and some clothes, books, misc. Last trip they were 52 and 54 pounds. I don't know if the weight is more dive gear or more other stuff, or about equal. Now I'm curious...

Some international flights are 70# (this would include your domestic portion if you have a domestic leg). I have one set of gear (3 mm wetsuit), and 2 extra sets of snorkel stuff. The bag is right around the 70# mark. It is the armor bag. It's packed to the gills, but this is my first SCUBA trip and I *may* be taking a bit more than I need :)

Always check with the airlines that you are flying first to find out their weight limits and overweight policies...

Mark

i tend to take all my weights with me i dunno i just feel sane and whatever. heh

I find the best way to keep within the weight limit is to not pack every thing for 2 people in one bag. It's better to break it down. If each person packs his or her own bag it just works better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom