What critters are under the upper and lower falls at McKinney Falls State Park?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good pic RumBum. The water gets pretty clear sometimes, but depending on the bacteria count, the swimming, and the flow it sometimes looks like mud. I've been wade fishing the creek for the last 15 years, and there are several periods through the year when the vis is much better than 2'. I've snorkeled down there too, but fish activity changes when humans show up. I wanna sit down below both falls for 15 or 20 minutes so the natives settle in and allow me to observe.

It's worth noting the land that McKinney Falls Sate Park now occupies was home to the indigenous population dating back at least 5,000 years before the area was settled, and a complete mosasaur skeleton was discovered in the rocks near the park so there's no telling what will show up. Prolly nothing, but still might be a fun afternoon under water.

Here's a wiki photo of the lower falls ...

Mckinney_lower_falls.jpg

And one of the upper falls ...
Mckinney_upper_falls.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom