What compressor can I get under $4k?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skip it. You can get better quality for the same price. Don't jump on the first unit in your price range. My understanding is the Poseidon's can be hard or expensive to get parts for. Don't have personal experience though

Thoughts on this one. I assume not lol. Says 5 CFM. I need at least 14?

bauer compressor | eBay

Good Luck, a quick google search tells me ou are going to need 3 phase power as a 14cfm will probably need a 10 hp motor, and this is almost a quantum leap over the compressors already mentioned,

Yeah I want to stick with 220 if possible and be able to fill in my basement.

Thoughts on this one. I assume not lol. Says 5 CFM. I need at least 14?

bauer compressor | eBay

Max I would pay for that is $2500.
Why do you need 14cfm. That's nuts unless you're running a dive shop. I fill alot of tanks (or did before ccr) and my k14 is a liittle under 10cfm if I remember correctly. It's way more than enough

Max I would pay for that is $2500.
Why do you need 14cfm. That's nuts unless you're running a dive shop. I fill alot of tanks (or did before ccr) and my k14 is a liittle under 10cfm if I remember correctly. It's way more than enough

ahh. I thought you meant 14CFM. I have a small dive shop. Nothing fancy or crazy. We need to fill about 15 tanks a week max.

ahh. I thought you meant 14CFM. I have a small dive shop. Nothing fancy or crazy. We need to fill about 15 tanks a week max.
That's not what I would call alot of tanks. I would stick with something in the 8-10 cfm range personally. Anything bigger and you'll probably be dealing with 3 phase and either need a VFD or to change the motor.
Join the gas blenders fb page. Units pop up there all the time and the people there actually know what they're worth

A 14cfm bauer will need a motor around 11KW. Good luck trying to move a metric Ton (2200lbs) of compressor down the stairs into your basement. Most 9 cfm bauers are using 7.5KW motors.
Either downgrade your desires or have the electric company install an additional 200A 3 phase service to your house, and then bulldoze a path through an exterior basement wall in order to move the compressor into the basement.
You'll find that running that size compressor in the basement is neither quiet nor free of major vibration in the living quarters upstairs, expect glasses and bottles to occasionally fall off shelves upstairs.
Putting the compressor in an insulated 10x15' shed in the garden along with a 2KW electric heater in order to keep everything from freezing would be a better solution.

Michael

A 14cfm bauer will need a motor around 11KW. Good luck trying to move a metric Ton (2200lbs) of compressor down the stairs into your basement. Most 9 cfm bauers are using 7.5KW motors.
Either downgrade your desires or have the electric company install an additional 200A 3 phase service to your house, and then bulldoze a path through an exterior basement wall in order to move the compressor into the basement.
You'll find that running that size compressor in the basement is neither quiet nor free of major vibration in the living quarters upstairs, expect glasses and bottles to occasionally fall off shelves upstairs.
Putting the compressor in an insulated 10x15' shed in the garden along with a 2KW electric heater in order to keep everything from freezing would be a better solution.

Michael

lol. Yep not doing this. Obviously I had no clue what 14 CFM was

The Bangladesh/Malaysia/India compressors on eBay are all pretty close to the same price regardless of which model. You might as well go for the bigger one if you are ok buying from this source. Bauer Breathing Compressor - Capitano 225Bar / 330Bar | eBay. Skip the Poseidon’s, they are Bauer’s cheaper line. I looked at the freighter take-off option myself and decided it wasn’t worth the hassle even though I felt like eBay would back me up if the deal went south. Better plan for some repair costs if you go that route.

I also had a question: is CFM the metric you are looking for? Or do you just want something with a continuous duty cycle and won’t care if it takes a few hours to refill your bank? Just food for thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom