what can i expect from the GUE dir fundamentals course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
what can i expect from the GUE dir fundamentals course?
there are a couple of courses scheduled in my country and i was wondering if its worth it? anyone here take it? what can i expect and what is the diff between this one and what the other agencies like padi teach in their OW and AOW? thanks. am still debating whether i should take this or not,

If you have any specific questions ask them here or you can PM me and I'll try to answer them as best I can.

pants!:
If you have any specific questions ask them here or you can PM me and I'll try to answer them as best I can.

thanks bud a lot of useful info! basically im aow and was wondering why arent these principles implemented or taught along the more advanced courses in other certifying agencies? maybe they are im just curious becasue i got the sched of classes in my country. they are for diff dates and was wondering if there are diff lessons taught at different dates or are basically the same seminars.

They're not implemented because they're too tough. If skills on the level of DIRF were required to pass PADI or SSI classes, no one would take them. The industry is geared to sell cards and equipment, not create the best divers possible.

GUE takes a different approach. They honestly want to give divers the best training possible and mediocre performance will get you nowhere in a GUE class. You *will not* pass Fundamentals until you are an excellent diver with great trim, buoyancy control, kick style, and the ability to do all these things while task loaded and under pressure.

There are some PADI (etc) instructors that teach skills at this level in their classes; unfortunately, these instructors are few and far between.

Take the GUE class, you will learn a lot of information and can make and informed decision how much you want to incorporate into your diving.

pants!:
They're not implemented because they're too tough. If skills on the level of DIRF were required to pass PADI or SSI classes, no one would take them. The industry is geared to sell cards and equipment, not create the best divers possible.

GUE takes a different approach. They honestly want to give divers the best training possible and mediocre performance will get you nowhere in a GUE class. You *will not* pass Fundamentals until you are an excellent diver with great trim, buoyancy control, kick style, and the ability to do all these things while task loaded and under pressure.

wow! thats what i am talking about. i have been thinking quite a lot of hgow easy it is to get certified. i dint find it to rigorous and as you described mediocre. mayve DIR will give the the training i ultimilately seek and desire. im signing up asap. btw after you pass do you get a card or something ? :)

You do get a card if you pass... but most people don't pass their first time through. Be sure you contact your potential instructor for details, gear requirements, etc. You are required to dive with a bp/wing, etc.

pants!:
You do get a card if you pass... but most people don't pass their first time through. Be sure you contact your potential instructor for details, gear requirements, etc. You are required to dive with a bp/wing, etc.
Check with your instructor first. Over here it is required that you dive with a long hose but a BP/W is only strongly recommended.

Laurens
(whose DIR-F will begin July 29th)

pants!:

ive been using my halcyon eclipse ever since i started diving. im familiar with the dir gear setup as well. kinda worried when you mentioned most people dont pass theirn first time. do you haveto pay again to take the course in case you fail? also how many courses are there exactly in dir?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom