What Burglars Won't Tell You . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:eek:fftopic:

:focus:

One recommendation is to put a bunch of pistol-shooting trophies in a front-facing window. Would-be thieves take that for a warning.

I like it! :comeandgetsome:

I use set of motion detectors that set of an alarm that sounds like a very large barking dog (and I have a medium size pit bull that joins in). Perhaps I should get an alarm that yells "stop or I'll shoot" and then sounds like a ratcheting 12 gauge.

Here's a really cool thing about Cochise County, where I live. We host the town of Tombstone, "the town too tough to die", of the Earps and McCoys fame. It hosts various firearms competitions and demonstrations through the year. They sponsor the World's Fastest Draw Competition, and the current title holder lives here.

They compete by facing each other, loaded with blanks, with a baloon in front of each. The draw is filmed on high-speed camera, as that is the only way to tell who was first. The draw is measured in thousandths of a second, less than .0100 of a second for the whole thing.

They have a super low crime rate in Tombstone, don't ya know! :D

I use set of motion detectors that set of an alarm that sounds like a very large barking dog (and I have a medium size pit bull that joins in). Perhaps I should get an alarm that yells "stop or I'll shoot" and then sounds like a ratcheting 12 gauge.

:thumb: Now thaat is COOL!

Our security cameras have motion sensors but the alarm is a beeping noise. I don't have a pit bull. I have an Australian dingo. She's fast and agile and won't back down. She's not much of a barker. She prefers to lie in wait for her chance. She likes cats. She thinks they're tasty.

I can't find any direct stats concerning visitor days in WV either. All the stats are represented in dollar amounts. In 2008, WV hotels and motels reported 4.4 billion dollars in sales. Using an arbitrary average of 100 dollars per night, that gives an equally arbitrary figure of 44 million room rentals. This does not include visitors staying at state parks in lodges, cabins and campgrounds. I could not find anything on them other than they had a 6.3 billion dollar budget for 2008.

My ironing lady has an English bull named "Precious". :rofl3:

She is, but I wouldn't want to come through uninvited!

Off topic but does anyone know of a mass shooting / killing at a gun range? Some would claim with all those guns around it has to happen.:shakehead: My 4 dogs make an excellent early warning system. My firearms seal the deal!
Been here since 1983 not even an attempt to break into my house.

Cannot speak to other ranges, but last year was an accidental fatal shooting on a skeet range -- first recorded such shooting in the history of skeet.

Seems pretty stupid to start tapping people at a gun range . . . . too many to return fire.

Here's a really cool thing about Cochise County, where I live. We host the town of Tombstone, "the town too tough to die", of the Earps and McCoys fame. It hosts various firearms competitions and demonstrations through the year. They sponsor the World's Fastest Draw Competition, and the current title holder lives here.

They compete by facing each other, loaded with blanks, with a baloon in front of each. The draw is filmed on high-speed camera, as that is the only way to tell who was first. The draw is measured in thousandths of a second, less than .0100 of a second for the whole thing.

They have a super low crime rate in Tombstone, don't ya know! :D

I can easily imagine.

Don't you mean the Earps vs the Clantons and McClaurys?

The McCoys were ours, as in Hatfields vs McCoys.

I can easily imagine.

Don't you mean the Earps vs the Clantons and McClaurys?

The McCoys were ours, as in Hatfields vs McCoys.

:blush: oh, crap. Yes . . . :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom