What brand of wing comes with dual dumps at the waist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OE2X

ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I want to find wing preferably not Zeagle that has dual dumps at the waist. There are times when I'm inverted with my camera housing and need to come down just a bit. It's mandatory to have a dump for the left hand, so that I can frame and or shoot while descending. I would like to have the flexibility to dump with my right hand though as well.
I like the DUI except it doesn't have two dumps. Don't really like the Sequest Raider as it uses velcro for weight integration.

Any others?

Thanks

Not sure if you qualify it as a wing, but the SeaQuest Black Diamond has 2 lower dumps. Of course you can also go with a circular wing (Halcyon Pioneer & Eclipse, Dive Rite Venture &Travelwing, some Oxycheqs...) where you only need one lower dump.

Whats wrong with the Zeagle wings ?
I have been using them for 2 years, like yourself a photog and I find them excellent !!!

Sydney_Diver:
Whats wrong with the Zeagle wings ?
I have been using them for 2 years, like yourself a photog and I find them excellent !!!

I just went and got one at my LDS this weekend. They have kind of gotten a mix rap here though. I guess it's not tech enough for some. Who knows I may go the DIR route some day, but that is sort of what I grew up with being certified 29 years ago. There was not a lot of extra stuff to be had then so it was pretty simple.

Back then we had solid plastic BP's, no wings, no back up regs and SP just introduced a chest mount BCD with an lp inflator. Me I learned and used an orally inflated bcd (like what you find under airplane seats for my first five years of diving from US Divers. You became very good at bouyancy control by just using your breath. When the #### hit the fan we were trained to do free ascents from 40' where we would ditch our tanks. Oh that was fun back then!

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to DIR bash, it's just that the BP harnesses sure do remind me of what I grew up with. I would like to have a quick release on one shoulder for instance. I've had surgery on both shoulders ( too many dislocations) so they get a tight and not to agile when getting in an out of the wing. All my primary regs are on 7' hoses and I do incorporate other DIR prinicples, but haven't gone overboard yet.

I'll step down from my soapbox now :)

I have an Abyss Doubles wing that has double pulls, and I find it useful, particularly if I have something in one hand (like a goodman handle!) and need to dump.

Yeah, yeah, I know, you only need one dump. OK, but if that hand is busy having the other one is nice!

BTW, the Abyss wings are very nicely made, and a completely different shape than the others on the market. Some will love, some will hate. You decide.

Back
Top Bottom