What benefits does a DSLR have over a P&S?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bill is correct that most images on my web site were taken with a dSLR. Many with the original Nikon D100 and Canon Digital Rebel (300D models!) though!

There are quite a few taken with my old Canon G6 including the alligator shot, several under the Vintage Divers gallery and some of the digital creations.

I also have not updated these pics for quite some time and will be adding photos soon taken with the Canon S90, a Canon G10 I owned for about 6 months and Fuji E900.

On the web decent exposures always look good but the world is changing.

The Canon S90 and G11 (same sensor) are game changers in my opinion.

I still want a NEW Canon 7D but will use it along with my S90 depending on end use of the images.

By the way, a Pulitzer prize was won a year os so go taken with a lowly Olympus C5060.

As my good friend and great photographer Lazaro Ruda says: It's the cook, not the pan :)

Keep shooting amigos!

David Haas

P.S. - Photo below taken with an ancient Fuji E900 P&S and INON UFL 165 lens and Magic Filter on a very sunny day in shallow water !

Attachments

• Tiger2E900AMfilter.jpg
    Tiger2E900AMfilter.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 53

Back
Top Bottom