What backplate and wing are you using for singles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DSS Plates and HOG 32 and 38 wings
Freedom Plate and HOG 32 wing
HOG Al plate and one of the HOG 32 wings.
However, since I mainly dive sidemount now I'm looking to sell one of the DSS Medium plates.

Halcyon SS BP & 40lb wing (yeah, yeah, I know it's a lot, but I won it and it works).

I use AGIR plates 2.8kg for wet and a 5.1kg for dry. I use a 30lb Oxycheq Extreme. I swapped out the faux corrugated hose for a real one from DGX and swapped the dump valve for a more robust DSS one. I've owned numerous Oxy wings in varying sizes but ended up selling all but my 30 in pursuit of my reg DIY journey. Having multiple wings was nice but for me not strictly required. The 30 covers all my diving needs, although only "just" on my DS rig. I did love the 18lb Oxy for warm water escapades.

DSS med kydex w/ lcd 20 and DSS med ss w/ lcd 30. I love the flexibility. I just returned from Coco Island where I dove the ss w/ 20lb wing, al 100 tank, 2mm wetsuit, and no weight. Loved it!

Last edited:
DSS SS Medium, LCD 30, Bolt on weight plates. With a 7mm and an AL80 I need no additional weight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom