What backplate and wing are you using for singles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Getting ready to make a purchase of a backplate and wing to use with a single HP100.
What are you using?
HOG SS place and 32 lb wing. I still need another 18 lbs when diving dry with a HP120, nothing in the warm with an AL80

DiveRite backplate with Transplate harness and either 25 lb lift Travel wing (when diving wet) or 35 lb lift Voyager wing (when diving dry)

DSS SS (Long pattern) w/ weight plates and GHA and a HOG 32# wing, and a 1 piece webbing harness (dry suit),
DSS Kydex (Long Pattern) w/ LCD 30# wing (this one has a Transplate harness)
VDH "Vintage Plate" with an OxyCheq 30# or Argonaut Dive 18# wing and a home made adjustable harness.
OxyCheq "Dogbone" with a HOG 23# wing and a home made H-harness

Wife dives a DSS SS w/ GHA and an OxyCheq 30# wing with a DR "Delux" (no QR) harness
Daughter dives a DSS SS w/ GHA, Deep6 30# or 20# wing, and a DR "Delux" (no QR) harness

Though you didn't ask, for doubles, I either use the VDH plate with a DR CCR wing or I also have a DSS SS (X-Long Pattern) w/ GHA, and a HOG 50# wing..

I also use the VDH plate in warm water with the DR XT travel wing. I most often dive an Argonaut Kraken DH and keeping the can close to my back helps performance, DSS has a pretty low profile and the VDH is flat.

DSS medium size steel plate and Torus 26 wing.

I could have used a smaller wing, but I wanted to be sure it would work for a range of tanks and wetsuits. The 26 works well for me with both 3 mm and 5 mm wetsuits and aluminum or steel tanks. I typically use the 3 mm with aluminum tanks, and the 5 mm with a steel 100 or 120. It's a compromise.

Freedom Plate, Oxycheq wing.

I switch off with my Hammerhead Plate, have to for doubles, but they are no longer made.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom