What are your priorities?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

S. starfish:
I have a friend who as it turns out, through a few twists of logic, holds viewing and posting on scubaboard as a higher priority than personal hygeine. This person informed me that the first thing they did this morning was check and post on scubaboard, and THEN proceeded to the shower.
Where does scubaboard stand in your priorities?

That does not indicate a higher priority than personal hygene. It would so indicate if he viewed & posted instead of taking a shower.

SB is low on my list of priorities, but like Catherine said, it's fun. It's also something I can do during spare minutes of the day. If I have a slack 5 minutes, I can read a post or two without it getting in the way of things that are more important. I can't run home from work and mow the lawn (a higher priority, but much less fun) in those slack 5 minutes.

As some may recall, I went for 10 days without so much as looking at SB.

However, I must concede that if I have a few minutes free, I'll look to see if there is anything interesting or if any of my "friends" are posting. It keeps me connected to diving when I'm not diving.

Now watch...I won't be on this weekend because I'm going to Catalina.

BTW: Last weekend I wasn't on because we went to Lake Mead. The only difference between what was above the water and what was under water was that what was under water was wet. (But I did learn to water ski.)

(But I did learn to water ski.)

cool!..you weekend warrior! bet it was hot as heck out there.

I think SB is a dangerous addiction for me...Sometimes I think I need to be banned for my own good. An intervention...

This is just one of a dozen or so boards I frequent, ranging in subjects from Home Theater (see avatar), to football, computers, Mustangs (the stick-shifting kind), and finally scuba. I usually try and check on a daily basis to see if I have any PMs, but I've gone weeks without so much as a look.

I usually temper my judgements on the validity of people's involvement on any given board. I've seen people on some boards who average over 100 posts a day. :11: That surely doesn't automatically make them any better or smarter than the guru who has been around for years but only has a double-digit post count.

I guess it boils down to one thing. If we're here typing, we definitely ain't diving. And there's something wrong with that. :D

Derek S:
/snip

I guess it boils down to one thing. If we're here typing, we definitely ain't diving. And there's something wrong with that. :D

Yes, but I look at it as when I can't be diving anyway, for whatever reason, I can dive (or mtb or camp or climb or 4by...) vicarously through others posts and pictures, maybe gain some new knowledge or different perspective, and just 'talk' about diving and issues surrounding diving, or just generally BS. Beats the heck out of watching 'reality' tv :D

NadMat:
Yes, but I look at it as when I can't be diving anyway, for whatever reason, I can dive (or mtb or camp or climb or 4by...) vicarously through others posts and pictures, maybe gain some new knowledge or different perspective, and just 'talk' about diving and issues surrounding diving, or just generally BS. Beats the heck out of watching 'reality' tv :D

Of course we can't. Same thing home theater, if I'm typing on that message board, I'm not watching a movie in HD, if I'm typing on the Mustang board, I'm obviously not at the race track.

I guess the "fun" in my voice/typing was missed. I did use the ":D" emoticon. :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom