What are your other hobbies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My hobbies tend to become work, which may be a good thing for this new scuba hobby of mine. Home brewed beer became a small micro brewery a few years ago and rehabbing investment properties for rental and resale.

My real job takes a lot of time but scuba has become an obsession. This may be a good thing as my other hobbies became career opportunities so maybe scuba is my next venture. Hoepfully the opportunity will come about in a really warm place though.

I am surprised by all of the gun collectors/shooters on the board. Not what I expected.

AstroDad: For a second there I thought you were into mortaring fellow ScubaBoarders (and rightfully so, in many instances).

LOL! Actually, we do DO that when it's cloudy. Take out the eyepiece, put a camera flash where the eyepiece used to be, point the scope at your favorite bud who's not paying attention and fire the flash. BOOM! Instant white-out that'll have him seeing spots for a number of minutes! :D

I used to drag race on the mainland but since moving to a small island with only one highway (and I use that term loosely), I had to give that up. Sniff sniff.

Me too! But I gave it up many years ago. (I still have my NHRA world record though.:wink:)

Today, I build funiture, mostly for my house and family. Right now I'm building a bed for my grandson, Jackson.

I used to race BMX before I got into diving. Now I'm into photography. So far I've got a Canon Rebel XT, two kit lenses, Canon 24-70/2.8 L, Canon 70-200/2.8 L, a Canon 50/1.4 and a Canon Vixia HV30 camcorder. I'm hoping to to possibly upgrade to either a 30D or 40D plus battery grip and a flash.

Diving wise, I've spent quite a bit as well on my dry suit, bcd and canister light. Sometime soon I'll be getting another steel 100 and maybe a wrist mounted computer

AstroDad: For a second there I thought you were into mortaring fellow ScubaBoarders (and rightfully so, in many instances).

I think you just invented 2 new sports. Underwater mortar target practice AND Scubaboarding. I can see it now... snowboard type device down a silty slope somewhere underwater...

Back to reality, and in no particular order ;

Skiing
Being the laziest human being on the planet
Hiking

Used to do a lot of mountain biking but I kept falling off and i'm a total wuss.

Here are my other Hobbies/Passions

Hope you enjoy!

pic_6467_28590.jpg

pic_6467_28589.jpg

pic_6467_30201.jpg

pic_6467_30202.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom