What are you reading now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do have the entire Narnia collection in one huge paperback that i want to read, if my daughter will ever hand it over. I know i read some of it way back when, but I dunno if I ever read all the books or not. Long enough ago that even if I did it'll be like reading them for the 1st time any way.

Just finished "The White Hurricane" an account of the 1913 storm that took out a number of vessels on the Great Lakes and just started "The Fragile Edge" about coral reefs in French Polynesia, which I picked up Friday night at B&N. Nice thing about this time of year is I can sit out on my deck at 10 pm and read by sunlight.

covediver:
Just finished "The White Hurricane" an account of the 1913 storm that took out a number of vessels on the Great Lakes and just started "The Fragile Edge" about coral reefs in French Polynesia, which I picked up Friday night at B&N. Nice thing about this time of year is I can sit out on my deck at 10 pm and read by sunlight.

We may be diving some of those wrecks on a trip to Port Sanilac this August.

I know it's better to see the play but I'm reading A Midsummer Night's Dream by Billy Shakespeare.

I'm reading

"Season on the Brink" by David Halberstam.

It's an older book about my beloved home town Portland Trail Blazers. Good read. Alot more political than I thought, but well written and researched.

Very interesting.
Overthrow: America's Century of Regime Change from Hawaii to Iraq By Stephen Kinzer

He also wrote All the Shah's Men.
Also very good and both provide an intersting perspective on recent affairs.

Dave

Divin'Hoosier:
We may be diving some of those wrecks on a trip to Port Sanilac this August.
Lots of great books on Great Lakes wrecks (working on one myself). I find reading up on them before the dive to be a great enhancement to the experience. I would recommend Fred Stonehouse's books. He is very knowledgeable and a very good read. Lots of others as well. I dove the Straits, Munising, and Copper Harbor last September. All I got to say is "wow" what great diving.

Back
Top Bottom