What are you paying for 02?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Killer&Griller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Thought it might be interesting to see what is being paid for 02 in different regions.
Price, bottle size, geographic location, grade and lease / rental charge I would thing are the main things. Up to you if you want to list supplier. I bet we see some ridiculously low and high prices. I lease 3 tanks for a total of $75 a year for all, not worth me using my own 200's. Speaking of which, I have 3 - 200's I am not using, who wants to buy them?

I am still getting hit w/ a surcharge on fuel........ crock and I told them I am not paying it again till gas hits at least $4 per gallon.

200's -$ 28
300's- $ 37 each
Drayage $5 each + delivery / fuel surcharge $5.50 total
Aviators
lease 3 - 300's for a total of $75 a year for all of them
Southport, NC

Spank you very much.. I will say, my fills do average about 2400 - 2500 psi.

They are coming 35 miles one way to me. Not worth me fighting the drayage/ del bs surcharge. I can't go get it for that.

I am paying $15.00 for a 282 cubic of GMP grade. I was getting therapy grade for that price but just this week the the gas supplier said there was a crack down on their end of sales to non-prescription holders. I called them and they said the bottles are handled the same as therapy, vacum down ect. They are just not allowed to call it therapy for diver application.
Anyone else hear anything related to GMP grade?
I am in sussex county delaware mid penninsula.
Eric

323cf aviator grade: $23.00

O.K. Rick,
wise guy in every bunch. 323 cubic feet will last you about 5 years with that rb set up? Us poor slobs on oc have to keep lugging those 282's weekly for the duration of the season. lol
Eric

O.K. Rick,
wise guy in every bunch. 323 cubic feet will last you about 5 years with that rb set up? Us poor slobs on oc have to keep lugging those 282's weekly for the duration of the season. lol
Eric
Hee hee... Yeah, I can't believe how much less gas I now have to mix. Forget the O2 - it's cheap. It's the HE where the time/money savings is. However, I have a class starting at the end of next week and my instructor has warned me to get ready to mix plenty of gas. He'll be making me consume those bail out bottles, I'm afraid...

$25-30 for a "250" (337cu ft), welding grade, customer owned tanks. SF Bay area, East Bay to be exact. I was quoted the same price for ABO but they never had labeled tanks available for exchange.

They used to just give me a receipt and charge $30, now I just give them cash and tell them that I don't need a receipt and it's $25.

I filled O2 a month or two ago and paid $25 for a K, all in with tax. I own my own, but leases on the bottles are $8/mo. With the rebreather, it makes sense to own the bottle - with careful Craigslisting, it pays for itself in the year to year and a half range.

It's the helium that's crazy - $140 for a K this year, but it's better than it was last year...

$29 incl. taxes for 200 cu.ft. H/K bottle of welding grade
$8 per tank per month rental
no delivery because have to pickup / return due to such small quantities involved

Rick, would love to know where you get that ABO so cheap... :D

Back
Top Bottom