What are you considering as next step after go pro?

My next device will be:

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went from:
1. GP6
2. Sony RX100V
3. GP6 + Sony RX100V
4. GP7 + Sony RX100V

I'm toying with the idea of moving from the RX100V to a video camera but will probably still carry a GP.

What is the dry weight of the system?
43 lbs / 19.5 kg (complete w/camera) topside in the air
But's it's adjustable to neutral underwater and rated to 450 feet deep if you are going there !!

43 lbs / 19.5 kg (complete w/camera) topside in the air
But's it's adjustable to neutral underwater and rated to 450 feet deep if you are going there !!
Thanks. Not worried about the depth, only the weight.

It does shoot 4K but not in microscope mode. You can set manual white balance but the problem is that it does not always work. If the colour temperature is outside the range of the camera, it will result in an error and the custom white balance will not be set.

Well there is always post color correction. Not ideal but doable

The last step is an IMAX 3D Soledo camera, with UW housing it only weighs around 1300lbs.
I don't want to think about the excess weight charges involved in flying it anywhere and I'm absolutely sure that every airline will shake their heads if you try to get it on the plane as carry-on baggage.
But the films are fantastic!

Michael

Go Big,,,Go Top Dollar,,,,Go Red Epic Dragon 8K
What is the dry weight of the system?

I was diving with a Pro videographer who was using the Epic Red 8K in a Nauticam housing. He had someone to carry it on his behalf. It's a heavy SoB - and it and the housing were also temperamental lots of set ups, alarms and resets some days. Interesting guy to chat too - but that rig? No way!!

The last step is an IMAX 3D Soledo camera, with UW housing it only weighs around 1300lbs.
I don't want to think about the excess weight charges involved in flying it anywhere and I'm absolutely sure that every airline will shake their heads if you try to get it on the plane as carry-on baggage.
But the films are fantastic!

Michael
Earlier this year, I was on a LOB with someone who did 3D with a 2 GoPro setup. Really incredible video.

Back
Top Bottom