What are the "who knew"s of scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That when you saw a shark you didn't swim away but swam toward it.

I'll bet your buddy told you that.:cool2:

---------- Post added ----------

My wetsuits don't stink. But I'm still a terrible person, because I consider being in the water when I have to pee kind of handy actually. :) And I'm wondering how effective dillution is when I'm upcurrent from my buddy, who already thinks I was raised by barbarians? :D

Handy as in not really necessary:confused:

Fun thread.

Who knew that each "keeper" underwater picture would cost more than $100 each - and the price goes up the longer you keep taking them. I think I am nearing the $1,000 mark for each one after five years.

Darnold9999:
Fun thread.

Who knew that each "keeper" underwater picture would cost more than $100 each - and the price goes up the longer you keep taking them. I think I am nearing the $1,000 mark for each one after five years.

Yeah, like who knew my UW photo gear would be worth more than my car.

Who knew it was a bad idea to use a Green Sea Turtle as a Diver Propulsion Vehicle?

I learned this one from firsthand experience... I had the bloody nose to prove it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not only is it difficult to tell the direction from which a sound is coming, it is also very difficult to determine exactly what is making the sound. I was on a dive in Curacao a few years ago and heard a strange clicking noise. I thought it was my equipment malfunctioning and so spent most of that dive checking my air pressure and other connections. I later found out that the noise I heard was from some refinery operations over a mile away! Remember: sound travels more efficiently (thus much further) through water than through the air.

Just found this out today: Who knew that your mouthpiece could get so full of slobber? Ew...

I am not sure if everyone experiences this but everyone I have asked has. Not long after you start diving you have a dream about being able to breath underwater without the need for equipment.

Strangely, I have had that dream long BEFORE I started diving. It may be one of the reasons I got into it...

Funny, in my 6 years of diving I've never once had a dream about it. Or any dream about being underwater, for that matter. I have had dreams that I can fly, but they are always interrupted by that damned alarm clock!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom