what are the RDP 14 compartments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marmagi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I read all your interesting comments, excuse me if my question maybe not so interesting can anyone tell me what are actually the 14 compartments of the RDP with halftimes raging from 5 upto 480 minutes right?

but if so:

5 10 20 40 80 120 240 480 after 8 compartments I am already at 480 min

can some one tell me that are this 14 compartments from 5min upto 480min ? how are they distributed?

is somewhere a chart that shows them? an article ?

after that is there any chart or table or article that shows the relationship in order to go from this RDP 14 compartments to the actual PADI dive tables wich have 26 letter groups?

and are the M-values related in any way to the NDL ? how are they related?

any article or anywhere where I can get this explained?

thanks a lot in advance,

Mario

Hi Mario:

One needs to go to Rubicon Foundation on the WWW. Then under "authors" find Hamilton, RW. This will give you the whole report on all those "table things."

Hamilton, Rogers, and Powell. 1994. Development and validation of no-stop decompression procedures for recreational diving: the DSAT recreational dive planner. RRR ID: 4228

If you find this kind of thing interests you, I'd highly recommend you buy Mark Powell's Deco for Divers. It's a great book that covers a great deal of material in a very accessible way. It would have saved me hours of web crawling and chewing on Wienke if that book had been available when I started diving.

Hi Mario:

One needs to go to Rubicon Foundation on the WWW. Then under "authors" find Hamilton, RW. This will give you the whole report on all those "table things."

If you find the free library helpful, please help Rubicon, as it survives on user contributions too.

Back
Top Bottom