what are the differences between Atomic T2 and T2X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robinly

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I see there are used Atomic T2 and T2X in market, and T2X costs more than T2 without doubt.
I would like to know what are their differences and if it worths or not. Or I should just go for T2?
Thanks!

I see there are used Atomic T2 and T2X in market, and T2X costs more than T2 without doubt.
I would like to know what are their differences and if it worths or not. Or I should just go for T2?
Thanks!
If I remember correctly it’s the change to Monel for the piston and swivel retainer.

The HP seat retainer is also monel. With idea being if the HP seat start caught fire that the retainer could be compromised and AA did not want it to become a projectile.

By 2003 the AA service manual was listing the T1/T1X with a monel piston/swivel retainer. Which coincides with the change to the jet-seat piston. It was 2007 for the T2 which IIRC came that way.

The advertised difference was that the T2X could be both air and nitrox. Whereas the T1/T1X/T2 could be air or nitrox but not both.

Now in real life many, myself included dive a sealed T1/T1x with a monel piston air and nitrox. My suggestion is if you find a T2 in good shape I would have no qualms using it for both air and nitrox.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom