What are current cameras for novices like me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know anything about the Xpoov housing?
Nope, but it looks like a knock-off of the kraken housing. Plastic instead of metal like the kraken. Correspondingly less expensive. Might work okay. Maybe.

Nope, but it looks like a knock-off of the kraken housing. Plastic instead of metal like the kraken. Correspondingly less expensive. Might work okay. Maybe.
Agreed. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

Like the saying goes, don't be "penny wise and pound foolish".

Well.. this was/is my first experience with ScubaBoard and just excellent advice. Really appreciate it and I've totally rethought my approach.
So.. .avoid the camera until I know what I'm doing and then protect my phone...
Can't wait until I can actually get out there.
Thanks again

Well.. this was/is my first experience with ScubaBoard and just excellent advice. Really appreciate it and I've totally rethought my approach.
Can't wait until I can actually get out there.
Thanks again

Welcome to the rabbit hole careful not to slide to quickly

Or....just get a cheap GoPro knock off for now. It's great to share the underwater world with family and friends, even from the beginning. I just start my GoPro filming when I splash and edit out the crap later, that way it has very little impact to the learning to dive process.

Cheers Mike

P.s. Not on your actual courses, only on the fun dives in between :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom