What a weekend of Diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryssyr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What a great weekend for diving. Conditions were as flat as I have seen, so it was good to take advantage of the lake like calm and go out.

Saturday -- two dives on the Sanctuary:

Dive 1 Lobos rocks Max depth 101 feet, 39 minutes.

IMG_3226.jpg

Ran into some risso dolphins

IMG_3152.jpg

Dive 2. Joes point -sorta deep, and a seldom visited spot.

Incredible:
IMG_3297%20(1).jpg

Sunday, two shore dives.

Dive 1. Monastery (south) easy entry since waves were ankle biters. I really hate that pebble sand though.

IMG_3339.jpg

IMG_3397.jpg

Dive 2. Breakwater with the macro lens

IMG_3403.jpg

IMG_3464.jpg

As always more photos can be found here.

Thnx for the pix

as usual your pics are awesome!

Robin how cold was the water....

46-48 varied by location and time. but still a little chilly. The funny thing was I felt colder at breakwater where the water was warmer... its really hard for me to tell the difference between a couple of degrees.

funny thing happened, on saturday I got balloon hand on one of my dry gloves. After ascending one of my dry gloves wouldnt vent and it puffed up pretty big. It looked hilarious. My gloves seal outside and inside and the inner seal was a little pushed up my arm and too tight. It wasnt buyoant or anything just cartoon-ish and funny looking.

Hi ryssyr,

Great images - thanks for posting! If all goes well, my wife and I may have a week or so to dive that area in either late July or early August. Sanctuary Charters looks like a good outfit to go with.

Lee
Port Coquitlam, BC

Robin, what part of Lobos Rocks did you dive? I probably have a couple dozen dives there and the best part, IMHO is the inside part of the inside rock (if you were to shore dive, you'd hit it first). With cracks/fissures loaded with Giant Green Anemones and a beautiful wall that rivals anything in the Caribbean, it's simply fabulous.

I'm so jealous! I've been wanting to dive Lobos Rocks since Danno told me about it last year. Did you get buzzed by lots of sealions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom