What a difference 1 week makes out at Keowee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Contributor
Reaction score
Wish I had planned the dive for this weekend 2/24 instead of last week. Temps are supposed to be in the low 60's. Last week it was in the 30's with snow flurries in the air.

This time of the year the weather is so crazy!

I just got back from diving the Hot Hole on Keowee this morning. It was chilly... however not cold like you're talking about 45-50 degrees air temp and 55 degrees in the cold water, 70ish in the current coming out from the reactors. It was fine in the water really... the problem was in the boat ride back. But that was pretty cold.

Its supposed to be nice tomorrows (60ish), so I'm going to go back out and hit the lake again. :)

Caleb

Just think about it though, these experiences serve to allow us bragging rights, that when then the weather was adverse, and others were sitting at home waiting for it to warm up, WE, as hardcore divers, plunged out into the cold, and went diving.

So... with that being said... when do ya'll want to plan the ScubaBoard Hot Hole trip for March? :D

How about the Pump House instead?
:monkeydan

i was thinking the same thing today when i saw the weather report for this weekend,but its hard to plan ahead this time of year. Still had a great time,got my first feb dive in,didnt thaw out till i was back in ga.

Leah and I were talking yesterday about diving the Hot Hole maybe on March 31st. I need to wait for the water to warm up some before I tackle the Pump House. Yes, I'm a weather weenee :blinking: I heard you guys had a great time. I read it online as I was sipping my nice hot cup of tea.

Hope this weather stays!! I can't believe it was in the low 30's and snowing on the lake on the 17th and yesterday the 22nd, it was 76 degrees outside! Bring on the global warming I want to go diving!

March 31st is looking like a good weekend for me. My Mom flys down on April 7 to spend a couple weeks with me, so that weekend and the next won't work for me.

Back
Top Bottom