Whaleshark snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have heard of the aggregation ending in late August. It will be determined by the food and thus weather, temps, etc.

Mid September might still happen, but I have serious doubts you will see some in Late September.
I always go in July since the season starts in mid June - early July.

In response to TripleAech, the regulations have been changing each year to limit the boats and people in the water. Supposedly there were less permits given this year, though I did not notice a huge difference. Also this year was a reduction down to 2 people plus guide in the water at a time. They blew it early on by issuing too many permits, now the governing body has to put people out of business in order to do what is right for the whale sharks. Though compared to other places they got many things right from the get - go.

Whale Shark tours run until Sept 17. Plan and book with Blue H2o Cozumel. www.blueh2ocozumel.com/whalesharks

n response to TripleAech, the regulations have been changing each year to limit the boats and people in the water. Supposedly there were less permits given this year, though I did not notice a huge difference. Also this year was a reduction down to 2 people plus guide in the water at a time.
Always has been 2 people plus guide in the water.

Attachments

• Manta (6) smaller.jpeg
    Manta (6) smaller.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 51
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom