Whale Sharks, Isla Mujeres

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have always dreamed of swimming next to one. Maybe oneday when I become a little more experienced.

I had the same thought going into this...we've had a few whale sharks in my backyard in West Palm Beach, but I've never been out on the water on those days. So, for me, this was very special. Experience, though, is not a necessary component for this interaction. Don't get me wrong, you should be comfortable snorkeling, but the majority of the people in the water haven't even snorkeled before or do so only once every few years. If you mean experience from a photography standpoint, then I understand. If you want good shots, plan in advance. I carried a checklist of shots I wanted going into this...and crossed them out as I got them. They didn't all turn out quite the way I envisioned them, but I didn't get back to the computer that night and be upset that I forgot some compositions.

Bottom line though, if you get the chance, do it.

For 2014 July, should we act now to find a private boat booking with Ceviche? And can we easily find another couple of folks who want to join the private boat trip? Goal is photog, so if you would share your shots 'dream checklist' to get a sense of how to think, would be thrilled.

Best from NC mtns!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom