Whale Sharks in March?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're funny Hank! But don't get me wrong... I would LOVE to see a whale shark. Still, I have yet to finish a dive disappointed. Well, I was disappointed in myself after my first (and only) coldwater dive in Monterey, CA. But even on the whale shark dive where not only did we not see whale sharks... we didn't see anything! We just looked at each other the whole time. Someone claims they saw a bull shark below (like 70 feet below) but all I saw was a blur. Maybe I need new glasses? anyway, it was still a fun dive! I love diving!!!

Glad to hear you liked it. I kind of feel the same about whale sharks. To tell the truth, I don't like the behemoths coming and eating all our snapper's eggs. :D

Just think how many more cuberas we'd have if they would just pass on by and head for Cozumel.

I kind of agree with Hank49, is better to see them eating Plankton than cubera eggs.

"Whale Shark season" officially started last Sunday May 15th when the first exploration boats went out in search of this friendly shark and confirmed sightings. At the begining of season you only see a few Whale Shark (however, still lot easier to spot than at Belize), but at middle of season some days you have 300 Whale Sharks on same area. Yeah... you heard that right, above 300 animals.
:wink::wink:
6a00d8341bf67c53ef01538eb79898970b-800wi

Local fishermen say they have been seeing Whale Sharks since a few weeks and Whale Shark operators have been eagerly waiting for the official start of the season.

Both our Holbox and Isla Mujeres partners have confirmed the sharks are here! The animals are still a little far from coast (about 1.5 hour boat ride from either destination) but probabilities of finding and swimming with the animals are 95% in good weather conditions.

We will be posting reports on this page, everybody is welcome to post their own reports.

Visit our Whale Shark Tour and Whale Sharks information posts.

Hope you enjoy the 2011 Whale Shark season!

Nice picture.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom