Whale Sharks 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today April 29th no whale shark sightings. Lots and lots of horse eye jacks but not many snapper. This is a different year for whale sharks.
Regards
Ralph

Hi ScubaJill - make sure you contact us early - those trips fill up fast and as the dives are blue water dives with no visual reference, we have criteria for any divers we take to the whale shark zone.
Regards
Ralph

Thanks, Ralph! Information request was sent. And based on your posted qualifications criteria for the dives, I'm good to go.

Seeing them on the surface is almost as good as seeing them at depth! Well, what's best is seeing them on the surface and then rolling off the boat, descending to depth and seeing them there too. So good!

Thank you for the update. We will be seeing you May 20th and have been on pins and needles curious about the sighting. We've heard this year is "different". Nice to know they've been spotted at least a couple times. See you soon!

Thank you for the update. We will be seeing you May 20th and have been on pins and needles curious about the sighting. We've heard this year is "different". Nice to know they've been spotted at least a couple times. See you soon!

Seeing them on surface is great but I hope the May whale shark moon season is more "traditional" - it is a real rush to see one of those giants coming right at you out of the deep to eat your bubbles! See you in 2-1/2 weeks!
Regards
Ralph

I have been remiss and apologize for not reporting on whale sharks. Those with wives and children will understand. children left for the weekend, wife is still here and I am catching up.
We have seen whale sharks on each of the past 6 days and will be going our again tomorrow.
Regards
Ralph

Woohoo!

I was out diving yesterday so did not update whale shark sightings so here is a bit of catchup. The day before yesterday, we saw a whale shark at depth - which was a bit of a surprise as for the past two years all of our June whale shark sightings were on surface. Yesterday no sightings.
Regards
Ralph

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom