WHALE SHARKS 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ralph Capeling

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are a few months away from the 2016 whale shark moon season but there have been some whale sharks spotted - this was posted on Splash's FaceBook Page:

Just two days ago (January 21st, 2016) ... Another exciting day on the way to ‪#‎SilkCaye‬ ... About 6 ‪#‎WhaleSharks‬ ... Taking their time to feed ... Great picture Curt Sanchez ... ‪#‎SplashDiveCenter‬ ‪#‎SnorkelBelize‬‪#‎SnorkelWithWhaleSharks‬ ‪#‎BelizeTravel‬

Curt Sanchez at Middle of Caribbean Sea.
January 21 at 7:52pm ·
On the way to Silk caye snorkeling trip this morning--the boat captain Jimmy from Splash tours spotted the elusive "whale shark" and stopped for some pictures and swim with these giant sharks. ..they are friendly tho. .they don't have teeth like regular sharks--they just open wide and swallow up fish in their path...I had been snorkeling before in Jamaica and Costa Rica--but never Belize...I must say there is no comparison to diving into the largest barrier reef in the western hemisphere and swimming through an underwater jungle with ferns, coral, sea fans, giant 4 foot turtles and sharks in your path --so amazing! !. .anyway...yall excuse me while I go beat myself with ah baseball bat for not taking a underwater camera on this trip...smh

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom