Whale shark tour - Isla Mujeres

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lwindy71

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am heading down to Isla Mujeres at the end of July 2016. I was wondering if anyone is able to recommend a good whale shark tour company. I am looking for an early start(to get out there before the crowds arrive) and max time in the water with these beauties. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Hi there,

I've been going to the area for many years now and run tours.
This year we have two weeks in July (9-16 and 16-23). It's a package that includes all your transfers, accommodations, the whale shark encounters and some meals.

You can read all about it here: Whale Sharks | PangeaSeed Co.

Not sure if this lines up with your time frame but we always go out earlier than any of the commercial tours and stay out for the entire day giving you ample opportunities to interact with the gentle giants!

Hope this helps!

12719235_1033621993348163_3528524169477023509_o.jpg

I am looking for an early start(to get out there before the crowds arrive)

What matters is not what time you leave, but what time you find the sharks...

If you're doing a commercial tour for around $150 you're pretty much going to be with a cluster of 50 boats no matter what and time in the water is pretty much regulated. You can do the more private one for $1500 as posted above.

However, I'll tell you a secret, if you book with a Cancun outfit and go out on a Sat or Sun, good chances are your boat will have a portion of people who partied hard the night before (IE drunk with bad hangover), usually they get sea sick are sick as dogs by the time the boat finds the whale sharks, some won't even go in the water, a few will do the obligatory one time in and be done, more time in the water for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom