Whale shark sightings Pattaya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Each year you hear about 1 or 2 sighting of Whale shark around the Pattaya/Samae san islands..

Some might says these divers were narc'd others just say Its a cold day in hell that its true...

It is hard to believe and a rare chance to see them anywhere.. none the less Id like to start this thread as a place where people can leave sighting reports, pictures and videos.

I thought Id start off with the latest sighting from 29/12/2012 caught on video!

Witness: Some scuba divers
Saw: Giant Whale Shark and maybe even a baby whale shark swimming around below I cant be sure...

I truly hope to here more stories like this from this region.

Here the link that Pattaya Dive Centre posted of their encounter on You Tube

Great video! Giant Whale Shark with Divers in Pattaya Thailand ????? - YouTube

Some Pics On Facebok here https://www.facebook.com/pattayadivecentrethailand

2 friends who are diving instructors saw 2 at chumpon pinacle at Ko Tao.

Its plausible they swam north.

Nice to see a confirmed sighting in the Pattaya area. Must have been great for those involved with the dive.

Over the 12 or so years I have been coming to / living in the Chonburi area have heard only a couple of unconfirmed sightings before, and during several hundred dives in the area never been lucky enough to see one myself. Which doesn't mean they are not there, just difficult to see with the often very limited visibility.

Let's hope this is not a one off and can get some more sightings, may even tempt me to get wet in Pattaya again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom