WetWear Custom Wet Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DNScarboro

Registered
Reaction score
For anyone looking for a custom suit--These guys are GREAT!!!!
I have just gotten my farmer john top back from REPAIR- Damage was caused by me.

They repaired and returned within a week. I was going out of the country and wanted to order a second suit- with a phone call and measurement verifications I had my suit within 2 weeks.

These people are great! Check them out. Welcome to Wetwear - Custom Wet Suits of Rubatex Neoprene for Scuba Diving and All Water Activities They are in South Florida
and are very nice people. email them wetwear@bellsouth.net

I looked at Wetwear and being in So Calif was wondering if I should go with them, or with JMJ which is local in Torrence, CA?

How's the Rubatex neoprene in real use? Did you get the nitrogen blown Rubatex or the regular?

Adam

They did a custom 5 mil for me and it is awesome.

Did you do the measurements yourself or did you use a tailor? Thanks in advance.

I bought a custom wetsuit from Wetwear this summer. Connie of Wetwear spoke at me with some length about where I planned on diving [Midwest a lot, some Caribbean] and she recommended a 3-mil jumpsuit, a 5-mil shorty, and a cold water hood.

when the suit was well along, Wetwear shipped it to me for a doublecheck and final measurements. it fits great on my rotund form.

it was not cheap, as I opted for a pocket plus arm and leg zippers. but the quality was worth every bit of the cost!
the measurements are extensive. my lady friend is an experienced seamstress, so she did the measurements. Lacking someone like her, I think a tailor would be the best way to go.

I recommend Wetwear highly!

I also agree with Wetwear being a great suit. Their attention to detail is great. I do not think they are as expensive as posted above, not when you compare them to any top of the line wetsuit. I had a Henderson before my Wetwear suit that cost me $450.00. It had no zippers or extra features and was a stock size suit. My Wetwear suit was $575.00 and was custom made with the Nitrogen neoprene, with seals, spine pad and their long zippers in the arms and legs. My Henderson suit only lasted me 2 years of diving before it became to thin to keep me warm. My Wetwear suit has lasted me about 3 years already and is still going strong. So when I hear people call Wetwear's suits expensive, I really have to say that you need to compare apples to apples when looking at prices and see what you are really getting for your money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom