Wetwear custom suits in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimBabcock

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife had a custom 3 mm suit measured by Wetwear at the Long Beach Dive show. When it arrived the resulting fit was slightly off. I shot some pictures of her in it and messaged them back to the shop. They immediately identified the issues including a subtle one my wife hadn't caught. We shipped it back and they promptly fixed everything. My wife ended up with a superbly fitting suit. Great product and attitude. Highly recommended.

How long did it take them to make it, and which suit did she get? I've got to get something for my daughter soon, and I suspect finding a suit that fits her shorter frame will be challenging.

give Connie a call. She will give you an honest answer as to the time to produce. Their suits are really good!

I got my son his first suit via brooks brother. There aren't any sizes that fit him entirely so I decided to get him a custom suits from a Hong Kong tailor instead. It does make a difference if you have your suit tailored most especially when you don't fit well with commercial sizes.

I agree. Brooks Brothers wool compresses too much at depth anyway. :eyebrow:

I had my suit measured at DEMA by Connie and her husband in 2011. Placed the order once I got back and verified finances. Less than two weeks later it arrived on my door. Shipped from Florida to Pennsylvania. Once you place the order they are fast for a custom suit. Mine is a cave/wreck model 3 mil with pockets on both legs.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added February 25th, 2014 at 12:05 PM ----------

Oh and saville row silk suit isn't worth crap in a wreck. Snags too much.

My last four suits have all been from Wetware. Love their suits.

Maybe the key is having them do the measuring because my suit fit is horrible. I sent it back and nothing was done. The zippers are terrible and essentially the suit is not useful for anything. The fit is as if it were sewn for somebody else---not even close to me. The quality over all was amateurish at best. This was five years ago, I have a long memory, maybe they are different now.

N

Maybe the key is having them do the measuring because my suit fit is horrible. I sent it back and nothing was done. The zippers are terrible and essentially the suit is not useful for anything. The fit is as if it were sewn for somebody else---not even close to me. The quality over all was amateurish at best. This was five years ago, I have a long memory, maybe they are different now.

N
In your case, I would recommend you getting fitted on a local tailor then submit your measurement to your suit maker. Just a thought.

I got my son his first suit via brooks brother. There aren't any sizes that fit him entirely so I decided to get him a custom suits from a Hong Kong tailor instead. It does make a difference if you have your suit tailored most especially when you don't fit well with commercial sizes.

You do realize we are talking about neoprene wetsuits right?

Back
Top Bottom