Wetsuits in Okinawa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm getting my PADI certification over the next couple of weeks while stationed in FL. I just found out that I'm going to be stationed in Okinawa and I wanted to know how thick of a wetsuit I should buy. Any advice?

Based on a quick google search for water temps, and okinawa looks to be in the mid 80's (30c) based on that, 3mm should be enough for all year around, and .5mm is probably enough for summer.

i have no idea at all if this is still the case, but...

i was diving in va a few weeks ago, and commented on a guy's bright wetsuit. he said it had been made for him some years ago on okinawa for $80 (seemed like really nice construction), and that they even took the leftovers and made him matching beer coozies!

so consider waiting and buying it there, if you can confirm that they still make them. heck, it's almost worth the plane ticket to go and have a wetsuit made! $80!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom