Wetsuits — I have a 7mm and need a 3mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigsnowdog

Contributor
Reaction score
I am fairly new to diving and spent a fair time renting 7mm suits for diving here in the midwest in water in the upper 50's and 60's. I wanted to own one and did then buy an Aqualung SolAfx; their semi-dry. What an incredible suit that is. Fits really good, much better than the conventional stretch suit I was renting, and almost no water penetration at all. A remarkable experience. I can't say enough good about it.

I will need a 3mm suit for a week long trip in November to Bonaire, and hopefully many more trips to warm water in years to come. I can rent one or also consider I could buy and have something for my money.

Is the smart thing to do to buy another Aqualung suit, since I like this 7/8 suit so well? Or should I consider several brands of 3mm suits that you as an informed and experienced group recommend?

What are your thoughts?

Thank you....

Mares Tropic 3mm was rated as one of the best of 2009 by scubadiving.com (google it). I got mine last week so I have not tried it yet. Cant wait to try it ;-)
Check the website out... They try 14 different 3mm suits of different brands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom