Wetsuits for Mexico diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went to a site off the Sea of Cortez a few years ago at the end of the summer. The air/water were so hot/warm that it was hardly bearable. I was told that if I were to come back to do the same dives at the end of winter, I would want to be in a dry suit because the water would be so cold.

I think we need a little more information to give you good advice.

What he said ^.

We dive in the mid Sea of Cortez - San Carlos (near Guaymas). In late summer thru about Oct. it can be 85-86o. In January it can be 55o

Farther south, Puerta Vallarta, Mazatlan etc. is almost always colder as they get the Pacific Ocean currents. Acapulco also IIRC.

Sorry it took me so long to reply guys. I was diving all weekend. In 29 degree water. Lol. Yeah we're going to the Mayan riviera. And I dive a 7mm farmer john wet suit here in Newfoundland right up to Xmas. I have a 5/4/3 I can take. I was gonna pick up a dive skin or shorty or something. I don't get cold easily. Spent almost 3 hours in the water today looking for one of the guys GoPro's. lol

I dove 7 days in Cozumel last week in nothing more than a 2.5 mil shorty and was fine although i have dove a 7 mil john and jacket in gilboa quarry in mid march.

Coz has a fair amount of fire coral and plenty of hydra. If you're a protographer (term used lightly in my case) and a bottom skimmer like me you'll want something for protection more than for warmth. Temps, at depth, are running from 78 to 81. Usually closer to the 81 figure.

Back
Top Bottom