wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba1028

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
like in my earlier post I am waiting for ice to melt live in Michigan and looking for a moderate price wetsuit so does anyone have any recommendation will be diving in both great lakes and warm water so I am looking for a duel purpose wetsuit

That could be a challenge.....depending on where you are that can be a difference of 30 degrees or more.

I use a drysuit in the Great Lakes and a 5mil full suit in warm water, but I'm a wimp.

I would suggest you need at least a 7mil full suit with hood for the Great Lakes, and maybe you can just use a bathing suit in the tropics.

Hey scooter! Wahoo go wetsuits!

I dive with a wet suit all year round in Vancouver BC. You will definitely want a full 7mm suit with a 2nd layer for the chest and hood. I can recommend my Oceaner suit it has really done me well over the years and is a fair value off the rack. You can also get them custom ordered. I have taken just my base layer 7m to the tropics and have never been uncomfortably warm so this could work as a dual purpose. If you are too warm in a 7m with no hood you could probably dive with swim trunks as pj suggested.

To make this suit even warmer I have recently purchased Lavacore thermal gear for underneath my wetsuit... I have done a few 90 min trimix dives in the winter in this wetsuit! Lavacore really is AMAZING it is basically a stretchy nylon outside and a polyester thermal inside. This could double as an exposure suit for warmer water as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom