wetsuit under drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My AOW instructor was an ex-Army special ops diver. He said that they used to wear a small (3mm) wetsuit vest underneath their drysuits as extra protection in case they got a bit wet. Seeing as how I have a leaky drysuit that isn't getting fixed for a couple weeks, I was thinking of trying this configuration. I have a 1.5mm sleeveless shorty that I was considering wearing underneath my drysuit underwear.

Has anyone tried this type of configuration? Any pros, cons? Or, should I just try it and see how it works?

Back before the advent of the affordable drysuit zipper & valves, you were pretty much assured of getting wet in your "drysuit".
It wasn't uncommon to wear a wetsuit inside the drysuit.

I'd say it probably wouldn't hurt anything to throw a vest on OVER some poly, but a vest right on the skin will accumulate moisture & chill you.

What ya need fixed on your suit?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom