Wetsuit thickness for Costa Rica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove Costa Rica last year in late July, and used a 3mm full suit, and was fine. All the pics in my gallery are from there. I had a blast, and would love to go back. Just be prepared to see about 5 ft on one dive and 100 ft on the next dive!

Make sure you go to the Catalinas, even if there are no mantas when you go, it is some great diving.

kent 1848
I just checked out your gallery of CR shots. You have some great photo's there. They get me excited for my trip. Thanks for sharing

puravida02:
Nice comment...

Costa Rica is a Third World country, that usually means that you won't find the wealth you see in the northern hemisphere. Still, generally people understand this and visit these countries respecting their realities. Don't know where you stayed while in San Jose, but I think that the considerable foreign community that lives in San Jose finds enough reasons to live in this "getto".

just stating the facts..I have traveled extensively in 3rd world countries and have no problem with it..just don't plan on spending a vacation in a getto..the country itself is great and there are areas that are poor but people are great and it is safe..cannot say that in San Jose..look around yourself and notice iron bars on windows and steel gates on doors..My ethnic background is from CR and Spain..drove through San Jose and stayed at Irazu(Best Western)hotel to wait out am flight..

My wife and I are leaving on May 27 for a dive trip to Costa Rica. We are looking forward to having a great time. I'm so excited that I can't stand it. This is going to be such a LONG work week!

RichKirby,
Let me know what you think when you return. I would love to hear a trip report. Have Fun

I dove PDC in July with just a lyrca suit and it was fine, did get cold a couple times when we swam through the thermocline.

San Jose is not all a ghetto, I have had some very fun days and nights there, you just have to know where and where not to go, dont carry much of value and you will be fine. All big cities in the US have their bad parts too, but you wouldnt call the whole city a ghetto would you?

I am bypassing San Jose and flying into Liberia direct so no worries on the “Ghetto”. I have been to many 3 world countries. Its just part of the deal with traveling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom