Wetsuit storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many thanks to all who responded! I took mine out of my dive bag which hasn't been out since June and it was, in fact, pretty wrinkled. It is now hanging in the closet next to my wife's best suits. Just kidding in an area all by itself.

Again
Thanks

JUst asking but is there such a thing as a wet suit hanger? I have a hanger for my BC , i would if theat would also work for a wet suit? Any thouhgts?

They do,in fact, sell wet suit hangers...around $12 or so I believe. They do not appear to be anything more than a thick clothes hangar.

An actual wetsuit hanger is great if you are an avid diver. Otherwise, buy two or three plastic hangers and ziptie them together for almost the same effect. Just be careful that the zipties don't snag your wetsuit - it can cause tears. Also, don't forget to hang it at the waist instead of at the shoulders :wink:

They do,in fact, sell wet suit hangers...around $12 or so I believe. They do not appear to be anything more than a thick clothes hangar.

Here's the ScubaPro version.

UNIVERSAL HANGER - SCUBAPRO-UWATEC

The strange looking stuff in the middle gets cut out and reattached in case you want to use them for other items.

I have hangars that have reversable hooks on the ends, so that you can have the hooks up for a BC or down for a wetsuit. It also has a bunch of places to hang things like masks, fins, and it has attachments for both DIN and Yolk regs. VERY useful. I'll try to google it...

this is the one I have...

Attachments

• bcd_hanger_small.jpg
    bcd_hanger_small.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 142
I went to the LDS to get a similar hanger but they were out. Luckily I found an old plastic patio end table thing (about mid calf high and about 1-2 sqft surface). Turned it upside down and used the legs to hold my booties and gloves. Worked well

Duct tape works better than zip ties when making a wetsuit hanger and it doesn't snag. My students usually use 3 of the tubular hangers taped together to form a nice thick padded shoulder.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom