Wetsuit Sizing issues. Any ideas on brand to buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drew52

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm currently on a small island and in need of a new wetsuit. Tried on ScubaPro as that is all the shop has and they don't fit. XXL is not long enough, perfect on the legs, too short on the body (I don't like wedgies) and too big around my shoulders and chest.

On the ScubaPro suits I'm the right height for the XXXL and approxiametly somewhere between the XL & XXL size wise.

I'm 6'4 and weigh around 210 pounds.

Two Questions:

1. Any ideas on a brand made for tall people that aren't super large?

2. Is there somewhere I can order a custom suit online?

drew52:
Ok, so I'm currently on a small island and in need of a new wetsuit. Tried on ScubaPro as that is all the shop has and they don't fit. XXL is not long enough, perfect on the legs, too short on the body (I don't like wedgies) and too big around my shoulders and chest.

On the ScubaPro suits I'm the right height for the XXXL and approxiametly somewhere between the XL & XXL size wise.

I'm 6'4 and weigh around 210 pounds.

Two Questions:

1. Any ideas on a brand made for tall people that aren't super large?

2. Is there somewhere I can order a custom suit online?

For stock suits check out O'Neill XLT: http://oneill.com/company-sizechart.php

You might be able to squeeze into a Camaro 2XL, but it's ideally meant for slightly skinnier people: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/eu...=mode+matchallany&track=true&sid=10F84B62EA22

Check out their size charts for details, though ideally you could try the suits on of course.

thanks for that. the O'Neil XLT seems to have the perfect dimensions and I can get O'Neil through the dive shop.

ok. so it seems the O'Neil XLT is not made in a diving suit or am I missing something. Just the surf suits. Don't mind getting a surf suit but would prefer a diving suit.

Anyone got any other ideas of brands to try?

Ya' might try Pinnacle. I just bought one of their xxxl's. They seem to run a little longer and leaner than some of the others that cater to width without additional height in their larger sizes. Take a look at their sizing chart, they seem to run reasonably true to that.

Cheers,

Akona wetsuits are what your looking for. They are more of an athletic cut wetsuit and will be perfect for you. I dont sell alot of them in store because alot of divers are bigger and need a different cut. I have them buy one get any others 40% off.....

drew52:
ok. so it seems the O'Neil XLT is not made in a diving suit or am I missing something. Just the surf suits. Don't mind getting a surf suit but would prefer a diving suit.

Anyone got any other ideas of brands to try?

Just got back from the Philippines and the shop I dived with there were getting Waterproof wet suits (Swedish?) for the instructors and dive guides. I think they were getting the 5mm or 7-8mm suits. I use a 5/4mm Bare suit that fits me pretty tightly - 6ft and 200lbs.

I have wetsuits by O'Neill, Bare, SeaQuest and Henderson. The Henderson ( a 5mm) is a Hyperstretch.

I'm 5' 11.5'' and 190-195. The Bare (both in a 1mm and a 5mm) is the worst fitting for me. The Henderson is the best and probably because of the Hyperstretch. The Other two fit well too.

My personal favorite, from looks to fit, is my 3/2 SeaQuest.

I think the Bare line runs small.

Back
Top Bottom