Wetsuit shopping today ::::::trying on 4 brands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr Dog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, after obsessing about it for weeks and tons of internet research. I narrowed my search of wetsuits of the 7 ml variety

It was down to 4 makes and models

Bare Sport 7/6
Pinnacle Tempo 7 Merino lined
Fourth Element proteus
Henderson Aqualock

I have to firstly say, I almost started smoking again today. what a stressful day. I could not get most of these suits even past my waist. I normally would wear a ML for most of my stuff. I am about 5'11 and about 170 lbs. I wore just a pair of compression shorts. Which is what I would normally wear under a wetsuit.

The Bare Sport.. It fit sort of ok, but felt like it was cutting off the circulation in my ankles and wrists.

Pinnacle Tempo, Well I had to go up a an XL to even get one zipped up, but the neck was stupid loose. I felt like I was a contestant for Mr Universe with this on. My biceps looked great in this suit, but the neck was an issue. Very thick suit, was not what i expected.

Fourth Element Proteus. This was the one I went for. But i was in a xl when I gave up trying to get it on. I could only get it to the waist, and that was it. I was sweating so badly, I ended up leaving this suit inside out for a while to let my sweat dry off. My wife moved away from the vicinity of the change room at this point, she could tell I was about to pop. I eventually gave up, rolled it off my legs and sat there, covered in my own sweat........ They have a crazy kind of inside bib, I wish I could have tried out. Anyway, there was no way I was going larger than xl. I wear a xl t shirt and It is huge.

That leaves the Henderson Aqua Lock. I should have just went to this suit when I first walked in. It was the fastest suit I have ever put on. Fits great and I can move. The crotch area has ample room, and most importantly my head is not changing colors as I stand there with it on. I have topped it off with its matching Henderson hood. Do yourself a favor, try the Henderson first

In the water with it very soon, going to meet Jim Lapenta for my new HOG gear very soon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom