Wetsuit Recommendation.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In my experience, I have found that I really never know exactly what I will be needing for wetsuit coverage. Therefore, regardless of what time of year I travel to dive to Cozumel, I always pack my thermal's with options and flexibility in mind. I pack:

Lavacore Hood
Lavacore long sleeve top (Full arm, leg, body coverage as I do not enjoy hydroid stings. This stuff can actually breaks loose and finds you when you least expect it ....:cussing:)
Neosport pant (Will budget to replace with Lavacore pant for future dive trip :daydreaming: )
3mm Bare wetsuit
3mm booties

With these items, I am able to scale up or down as needed after factoring in water and core temp. (Core temp for me usually starts to chill after the 2nd day of diving)

Best Wishes for a fantastic time !!

SS

I still have 3 polar fleece wetsuits that I like to use in Cozumel. It's about 2.5 mil. Check out The Fourth Element Thermoclime suits, it's similar to Lavacore. Very happy with it. In the colder months, I add a 3m vest and a beanie or squid hat. What really helps me keep warm is to take my wetsuit off between dives and then put a dry one on for the 2nd dive.
Have fun diving.

Ron, There are only two people on earth who understand that one!

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom