Wetsuit question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisRaabe

Reaction score
Im new to the board so forgive if its been covered, But im pretty small(5'3) so I was wondering what some good suits to consider are. I don't weight much at all so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as far as suit options for a shorter skinnier person goes? I dont think I like the farmer johns much. I live in Oregon if that helps.

Hi and welcome,

I too am pretty small and light around 5'4" and 100lbs and one thing is for certain, normal S size suits won't fit you.

I tried on quite a few different 7mm suits for cold water and the one that will definitely fit is the Bare Alpine Junior, just compare yourself to the size chart at the Bare website and see which one will fit.
I ended up getting that one and like it, I've been diving it in Northern California and could last about an hour in the water, not toasty warm but manageable (48-52F).

Diving colder than that and looking at it now I'm going to buy a drysuit, that's for sure.

Another option would be a women's suit, I tried those on as well and they do fit if you can live with little breast extensions on some of them!
Also there is the Pinnacle Elite suit which is for cold water as well and available in XS, which may fit, I never tried that one on personally though.

Hope that helps.

The diving wife is the same size as Hippocampus, and when she dove wet, she used an XS Akona 7mm. After a while she bought, but never used a XS Bare 7mm Artic Vest. She moved into a drysuit. Our friend now dives the Artic Vest over a 7mm and likes it.

Definetly look into Bare suits. They have a gazillion different sizes/ options. Just look on their site and check the sizing charts to get an idea. I have 2 and love them. They are relatively cheap too...:coffee:

You should consider looking at a custom wetsuit. My custom wetsuit compares price wise with a quality off the rack suit.

Yea I have an oneill kids 3mil full suit but i have broad shoulders so I grew out of it pretty quickly. It would be nice to be able to try different suits out but I dont think that's possible..What about suits with attached hoods? Kinda like oneill makes for surfing, cuz I like the oneill x3100 but havent tried it on or anything.

actually I rechecked the oneill suit is the 7000X lol..my bad. So ya wondering if anyone knows about that one

Hi,
I'm 5'2" and 102 lbs. You just have to try everything you can get your hands on. Wear a 7mm and a hooded vest for California diving. I like the O'Neill 7000. Inseams are very different. The Pinnacle's crotch is too low for me. Also Pinnacle makes a XXS, you have to check their website for it. My favorites are Henderson, O'Neill (Size 4) and Akona (I like the glideskin by the ankles and wrists).

hmm..well thanks for the help. I like penguins lol. I'm assuming your a girl if you weight 102 and are talking wetsuit sizes in numbers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom