Wetsuit opinions please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no experience with those suits or that store but the price is low enough that it would pay for itself very quickly.

Also when seams start to come loose or other problems crop up you can get practice on wetsuit repair without the worry of messing up a really nice suit.

I can see your concern. I can't find anything on the website RE: returns for defective or items wearing out unusually early. This comes from their website:

"Sales Terms: We will gladly offer exchanges on suits due to size issues, we do not offer refunds, all sales a(r)e final."

The price is not bad and may be worth a try. You can always put a follow up post and that will have an impact on their sales. This may help your buying decision to some degree. I would contact them regarding defective merchandise returns. How do they compare to companies such as Scubatoys with regard to price and returns? I am a little crazy buying online and would take a chance.

Good luck,

AZ

although I have never used this brand, I have bought cheap or discount suits before, and my opinion they don't last. I had a 3mm shorty that I picked up for like $25 one time that was sold as a dive suit. It lasted me about 20 dives before it became worthless. The liner was pulling apart and the rubber was no longer snug.
Also- I have had front zip suits and rear zip suits. I have found the front zips allow much great water flow and you will get colder quicker.
I would recommend just getting a quality name brand suit from a reputable company. They aren't all that much more expensive

Here is an example from Scuba.com that is only a couple of dollars more, with all the christmas sales on right now you can find some really good deals.
check their closeout sections as well, I see a couple more good prices.

although I have never used this brand, I have bought cheap or discount suits before, and my opinion they don't last. I had a 3mm shorty that I picked up for like $25 one time that was sold as a dive suit. It lasted me about 20 dives before it became worthless. The liner was pulling apart and the rubber was no longer snug.
Also- I have had front zip suits and rear zip suits. I have found the front zips allow much great water flow and you will get colder quicker.
I would recommend just getting a quality name brand suit from a reputable company. They aren't all that much more expensive

Here is an example from Scuba.com that is only a couple of dollars more, with all the christmas sales on right now you can find some really good deals.
check their closeout sections as well, I see a couple more good prices.
Think I may buy one from each- the company I posted and the one you posted(scuba.com) and compare. At the prices, I can afford to do that.
Thanks

I never heard of that brand before, though I CAN recommend an inexpensive yet durable wetsuit; the ScubaMax line.
We use the ScubaMax wetsuits in a commercial seafood harvesting environment & found that they hold up at least as good as or BETTER than suits costing 2 to 3 times as much.
Go figure, eh?
Now ya just have to figure out where to find the critters!

Spencer, if you can afford to buy both just to compare... You can afford to buy a good quality suit and save yourself the trouble and shipping fees! In suits, you usually get what you pay fore: good stitching, good quality neoprene, good fit. If you,re not tight on cash, stay with the big name manufcaturers. Personally, I like BARE (I have 2). For the price, they are a good deal. Quality is excellent and they have a ton of sizes to choose from along with a precise sizing chart so you can figure out yourself which size is for you.

Just my 0.02$:coffee:

Think I may buy one from each- the company I posted and the one you posted(scuba.com) and compare. At the prices, I can afford to do that.
Thanks

I have bought several Tommy Sport wetsuits off E-Bay and have been happy with them. I have not had a seam come loose or a zipper act up. The only problem I have encountered is the outer material tends to pill up (create those fuzzy balls of material) when rubbed together a lot (like on the inner thighs). I have no problems in buying them again.

Donovan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom